Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Second Simulated USMLE Step 1 Exam Experience

This time around, I knew what to expect! I knew when I'd feel tired and need a break, I knew when I'd need a snack, and I knew how I'd feel during each part of the exam. This experience wasn't all that different from the first one except in that I feel more prepared now, which is always a good thing 3 days before your exam! Anyways, I'm done with USMLE World now, I probably won't have time to do another pass of the questions I got wrong because I'd like to focus on First Aid.

This past week I've been marking all the topics I need to review again the day before my exam, and I'm going to continue to do that with the few chapters I have left in First Aid. I feel that I need to do another full pass of First Aid, but since that's not going to be possible, I should just focus on the other things I want to get done. At this point, I wouldn't ever consider postponing my exam. Yes I could do better with more time, but I'm just too burnt out to keep going like this. Another 3 days and that's it! I can't wait to be done with Step 1! Good luck to anyone reading this who is taking their exam this week (I know of a few who have contacted me). Stay focused and before we know it, we'll be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment